What is external roughcasting insulation? Is it available in East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire
Wall Coating Scotland are experts in all things relating to external/exterior wall and house treatments including external/exterior roughcasting. The exterior of your property is the first thing that people see, in terms of aesthetics it’s very easy to spot a house that has been treated using roughcasting or similar external insulation products. Installation and use of quality materials are paramount to successfully roughcast a house. You will feel a sense of pride when our work is completed and our external roughcast and rendering always gets strong feedback from our East Kilbride & South Lanarkshire based customers.
In short, the hies insurance backed guarantee protects homeowners should any installer they have hired cease trading.
*External Roughcasting is often known as pebble dashing or harling. Simply put, it’s the external stones and rough gravel that you will see in the outside walls of many homes in Blantyre, Bothwell Cambuslang, Carluke, East Kilbride, Hamilton, Lanark, Larkhall, Rutherglen, Strathaven, Uddingston and across South Lanarkshire. Roughcasting is the most popular type of exterior wall treatment you will see on South Lanarkshire homes as it’s a more cost-effective option and if installed correctly it’s built to stand the test of time.
Arrange a free, no obligation Roughcasting quote
Want more information?
- Roughcasting Costs & Prices in East Kilbride
- Roughcasting Preparation in East Kilbride
- South Lanarkshire Roughcasters Serving Central Scotland
If you would like to use a company who treat your home as if it was their own then please call 0330 460 9896 and we can start a dialogue. Although we can’t give an accurate price until we have surveyed the property we can still take some basic information such as the type and size of the house you live in and rough dimensions if you know them. This means we can provide you with a rough idea of costs on the telephone so there are no surprises when we provide you with an accurate quote after your home survey. All our guarantees are transferable should you decide to move home in future.
Wall Coating Scotland is a Glasgow and Edinburgh based company, most of our fitters are from the Glasgow and Edinburgh area with our offices located in both cities. Although we are based in Glasgow and Edinburgh we carry out exterior wall treatment and renovations in every town, city, and village in Scotland including regular work completed in Blantyre, Cambuslang, Carluke, East Kilbride, Hamilton, Lanark, Larkhall, Rutherglen, Strathaven and across South Lanarkshire. ANYTHING relating to the exterior of a home, Wall Coating Scotland is your best choice and certainly, if you are looking in the South Lanarkshire area we are worth contacting for a competitive quote and high-quality work. Lots of customers we have complete roughcasting for said they were so glad to have found as especially after having numerous salespeople visit the house and call. Although we serve all of Scotland given we are based in the central belt most of our roughcasting work is in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Ayrshire.
Wall Coating Scotland DO NOT USE A HARD SELL APPROACH, we have experienced staff and veteran sales professionals which will be apparent when you contact us.
Give us a call
Signs your home needs Roughcasting or Re-Roughcasting
There are several tell-tale signs that you need to have your roughcasting repaired more commonly known as re roughcasting. If the rough casting on your home is beginning to crumble there are several maintenance techniques you can apply before carrying out a complete repair. We would, however, warn you of any DIY jobs or anyone who is eager to start patching it up without checking if your home insurance covers it and wither or not it is really the best option long-term.
Often it is the case that water can become trapped behind the render and then frozen which separates the render from the substrate. The best way to confirm if this is the case is to have professionals take a look, even it’s just a survey to establish what is causing the issue before deciding on the best action to take. Most plasterers will offer rendering services so finding someone that will isolate the problem is fairly easy. If it turns out this is what’s causing your roughcasting to crack you are left with two viable options, you can patch the area affected and the area surrounding it or you can have the whole area removed and replaced with a new external finish.
The best course of action really depends on the size of the area that’s damaged, and of course, you will have a budget to consider as well. Budget or not, papering the cracks by carrying out some patching can often do more harm than good…
Here’s a list of other signs your roughcasting needs repaired or replaced;
- Expansion of brickwork which causes cracks in the exterior.
- Visible erosion, this is often caused by a mixture of moisture and time.
- Damage to the render, this is more visible most people will be able to tell there’s an issue just by looking.
- Efflorescence (caused by poor masonry creme or mortar mix application) again most of the time this is a problem with aesthetics, however, if left for too long it can affect the structure of your building.
- Structural damage, this is something that differs on a case by case basis.
Our Roughcasting process & what happens next
We have already mentioned above how important preparation is when carrying out roughcasting or any other exterior wall treatment. Heres a list of what you can expect from us from start to finish if you decide to choose Wall Coating Scotland to complete your homes roughcasting work;
- It all starts with a phone call or complete a basic online web form.
- We carry out a free survey offering a free, no obligation quote for you to consider.
- You can select from various available dates for our fitters to being work.
- Preparation day which involves laying down protective plastic sheets and scratch proof film to protect your property.
- We erect scaffold if the job requires we do so.
- Cleansing of your walls removing dirt and debris as well as carrying out any small repairs if required
- Application of beading
- The first coat of render is applied
- The second coat of render which has dry dashing and roughcasting chips mixed in with it
- At the end of every job we complete a full property inspection, our owner likes to personally make sure you are 100% satisfied with the quality of our work and we always encourage your customer feedback to ensure we maintain our high standards.
South Lanarkshire Roughcasting Service Area
We are ready and able to install or repair roughcasting in Abington, Ashgill, Ardochrig, Auchenheath, Blackwood, Blantyre, Boghead, Braehead, Braidwood, Brown Rig, Caldermill, Cambuslang, Carluke, Carmichael, Carnwath, Carstairs, Coalburn, Corehouse, Coulter, Crawford, Crawfordjohn, Crossford, Dalserf, Deadwaters, Dolphinton, Douglas, Drumclog, Dungavel, Dunsyre, East Kilbride, Elsrickle, Forth, Glassford, Hamilton, Jackton, Kilncadzow, Kirkfieldbank, Kirkmuirhill, Larkhall, Law Village, Lesmahagow, Little Sparta, Nerston, New Lanark, New Trows, Newbigging, Pettinain, Quarter, Quothquan, Rigside, Rogerton, Rutherglen, Sandford, Stonebyres, Stonehouse, Symington, Tarbrax, Thankerton, Thorntonhall, Tinto, Uddingston, Udston, Watermeetings, Wiston, Woolfords and all surrounding areas of South Lanarkshire.
East Kilbride Facts
- East Kilbride is the largest town in South Lanarkshire and the 2nd biggest town in Scotland with a population of just under 75,000 people living there. East Kilbride was also named Scotland’s first “New Town” back in May 1947.
- The “Kil” derives from the Gaelic word ‘call’ or ‘cill’ meaning religious cell, this particular religious cell was associated with ‘Bride’ or ‘Bridget’, hence the name East Kilbride.
- East Kilbride village still exists within the newly developed town, the village is made up of the oldest part of the town where you can find lots of cafes, pubs, restaurants and shops. East Kilbride village or “The Village” is also where the local “Jags” football team East Kilbride Thistle play their home games at Showpark.
Old photo of East Kilbride Village, South Lanarkshire
Wall Coating Scotland Transforming Scottish Homes Since 2013
Please fill in our form
Fill in the form and one of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.