Before External Wall Insulation
After External Wall Insulation
What is external roughcasting wall insulation? Is it available in Glasgow & Scotland?
Wall Coating Scotland are experts in all things relating to external/exterior wall and house treatments including external/exterior roughcasting. The exterior of your property is the first thing that people see, in terms of aesthetics it’s very easy to spot a house that has been treated using roughcasting or similar products. You will feel a sense of pride when the work is complete and our external rendering work always gets strong feedback from our clients.
*External Wall Insulation is often known as pebble dashing. Simply put its the external stones and rough gravel that you will see in the outside walls of many homes in Scotland. Wall insulation is the most popular type of exterior wall insulation treatment you will see in Scottish homes as it’s a more cost-effective option than the likes of exterior wall coating.
* External Wall Insulation Materials consist of cement, sand, smaller gravel, pebbles, shells plaster and lime. The mortar mix you use is the most important part of successfully roughcasting a wall or house. A little like wall coating spray, when roughcasting you should always cleanse your walls of any dirt, debris,
* Insulating the outside of a wall much like wall coating and cladding is best carried out by professionals as it’s easier than you would think to get it wrong which can lead to further problems. The process again very similar to wall coating, consists of thorough preparation, allowing the walls to dry properly and then finishing the job with an inspection to make sure it has set properly.
Here is a before and after picture of a house in Kilbarchan, Renfrewshire which had its outside wall insulated by ourselves. When we surveyed the house to allow us to provide an accurate cost we noticed there was some remedial repair on one of the side walls and on the back of the property. Before we started applying any insulation to the outside walls we repaired the internal brickwork and all damaged areas to a good standard. We are sure you agree as well as the obvious benefits of weather protection, heat retention with lower energy bills, as a result, the property looks far better aesthetically.
Arrange a free, no obligation Wall Insulation quote
Want more information?
- Wall Insulation Costs & Prices in Glasgow, Scotland
- Wall Insulation Preparation in Glasgow
- Wall Insulation Company Serving Scotland
If you would like to use a company who treat your home as if it was their own then please call 0330 460 9896 and we can start a dialogue. Although we can’t give an accurate price until we have surveyed the property we can still take some basic information such as the type and size of the house you live in and rough dimensions if you know them. This means we can provide you with a rough idea of costs on the telephone so there are no surprises when we provide you with an accurate quote after your home survey. All our guarantees are transferable should you decide to move home in future.
Wall Coating Scotland DO NOT USE A HARD SELL APPROACH, we have experienced staff and veteran sales professionals which will be apparent when you contact us.
Exterior Wall Insulation
Improve the look and feel of your home. New outside wall protection can help insulation of your property by up to 50%.
Give us a call
Signs That Your Glasgow Home Needs External Wall Insulation
There are several tell-tale signs that you need to have your wall insulated more commonly known as wall coating. If the existing render on your home is beginning to crumble there are several maintenance techniques you can apply before carrying out a complete repair. We would, however, warn you of any DIY jobs or anyone who is eager to start patching it up without checking if your home insurance covers it and wither or not it is really the best option long-term.
Often it is the case that water can become trapped behind the render and then frozen which separates the render from the substrate. The best way to confirm if this is the case is to have professionals take a look, even it’s just a survey to establish what is causing the issue before deciding on the best action to take. Most plasterers will offer rendering services so finding someone that will isolate the problem is fairly easy. If it turns out this is what’s causing your roughcasting to crack you are left with two viable options, you can patch the area affected and the area surrounding it or you can have the whole area removed and replaced with a new external finish.
The best course of action really depends on the size of the area that’s damaged, and of course, you will have a budget to consider as well. Budget or not, papering the cracks by carrying out some patching can often do more harm than good…
Here’s a list of other signs the walls of your home need to be insulated;
- Expansion of brickwork which causes cracks in the exterior.
- Visible erosion, this is often caused by a mixture of moisture and time.
- Damage to the render, this is more visible most people will be able to tell there’s an issue just by looking.
- Efflorescence (caused by poor masonry creme or mortar mix application) again most of the time this is a problem with aesthetics, however, if left for too long it can affect the structure of your building.
- Structural damage, this is something that differs on a case by case basis.
Our Wall Insulation Process & What Happens Next
We have already mentioned above how important preparation is when carrying out insulation work or any other exterior wall treatment. Heres a list of what you can expect from us from start to finish if you decide to choose Wall Coating Scotland to complete your homes roughcasting work;
- It all starts with a phone call or the basic online website enquiry form.
- We carry out a free survey offering a free, no obligation quote for you to consider.
- You can select from various available dates for our fitters to being work.
- Preparation day which involves laying down protective plastic sheets and scratch proof film to protect your property.
- We erect scaffold if the job requires we do so.
- Cleansing of your walls removing dirt and debris as well as carrying out any small repairs if required
- Application of beading
- The first coat of render is applied
- The second coat of render which has dry dashing and roughcasting chips mixed in with it
- At the end of every job we complete a full property inspection, our owner likes to personally make sure you are 100% satisfied with the quality of our work and we always encourage your customer feedback to ensure we maintain our high standards.
Wall Insulation Glasgow Service Area
Wall Coating Scotland have served all of Glasgow for many years now and we have wall insulation installers available in Abbotsinch, Anderston, Anniesland, Ballieston, Balornock, Barlanark, Bridgeton, Calton, Cambuslang, Carmyle, Castlehead, Castlemilk, Charleston, Clarkston, Cowcaddens, Dennistoun, Drumchapel, Dykebar, Easterhouse, East Renfrewshire, Eastwood, Ferguslie Park, Finnieston, Foxbar, Gallowhill, Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow’s East End, Firhill, Glasgow North, Glasgow Southside, Glasgow’s West End , Glenburn, Govan, Hillhead, Hyndland, Ibrox, Inkerman, Jordanhill, Kelvin, Kelvinbridge, Kelvinside, Knighstwood, Langside, Laurieston, Maryhill, Milton, Mosspark, Mount Vernon, Newton Mearns, Nitshill, Parkhead, Partick, Pollok, Pollokshaws, Pollockshields, Possil, Possilpark, Queenslie, Ralston, Robroyston, Royston, Scotstoun, Shawlands, Springburn, The Gorbals Tollcross, Toryglen, Victoria Park, Whiteinch, Woodlands, Yoker, Yorkhill and all other areas of Glasgow and Greater Glasgow.
Wall Coating Scotland Insulating Scottish Homes Since 2013
Please fill in our form
Fill in the form and one of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.